So you are concerned about food waste. Where can I find out more?
Here are some useful resources that will help you on your journey to find out more about how we waste so much food:
- “The Real Junk Food Project” – the project’s home page
- “The Real Junk Food Project Community” – the project’s Facebook page
- “Waste – Uncovering the global food scandal” – a book by Tristram Stuart
- “Feeding the 5000” – a website and campaign to reduce our own food waste and that of businesses as well
- “Sustainable Food Trust” – we need to produce and use our food more wisely. Here is a “global voice for sustainable food”.
- “Permaculture Association” – Permaculture is a design system based on observing nature, in Permaculture there is the aim to produce no waste, everything is used, every output becomes an input for something else.
- “Love Food Hate Waste” – a website giving facts, figures and ideas. There are some useful tools as well.
Articles on TRJFP
- Matthew Ketchell interviews Adam Smith, founder of TRJFP
- BBC article from 23rd July 2014 – Adam Smith shows us how it works.
- The MOJO Radio Show Episode 7.5 – The Real Junk Food Project
Websites and blogs on consumerism and lifestyle
- Zero Waste Home – a personal blog by Bea Johnson as she and her family aim for a zero waste home
- Lydia Living Lightly – Thoughts and ideas about how to make a small and ethical footprint in this world
- Trash is for Tossers – a personal blog by Lauren Singer as she tries to live a zero waste lifestyle in NYC
Resources on economoics
- New Economics Foundation – the UK’s leading think tank promoting social, economic and environmental justice. Their purpose is to bring about a Great Transition – to transform the economy so that it works for people and the planet.