It was a lovely, busy day in the cafe yesterday, with 64 customers. Nathan, Jess and Dylan cooked up some delicious food with the help of other volunteers. One of them said he’d only ever cooked for his sister. Yet yesterday he was cooking up potato cakes and vegetable stir fry for many more people in the cafe!
Here’s what was ordered to eat in or take away:
- 33 portions of country vegetable soup
- 4 portions of blue cheese and walnut salad
- 30 portions of vegetable stir fry and noodles
- 26 portions of chicken and chorizo stew
- 18 portions of gluten free chocolate tart
- 15 portions of banana fritters
- 10 portions of cherry or apple pie
- 17 portions of banana smoothie
£86.89 was given in monetary donations. Various people helped out in the cafe, defrosting a freezer, organising the food boutique, cleaning and tidying.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe yesterday! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
This week we are open:
- Thursday, 10am till 4pm
- Friday, 10am till 4pm
- Rainbow Bistro – Friday, 6pm till 7.30pm – SOLD OUT