We had a great day in the cafe today, where despite there being limited food, lots of delicious dishes were created. Our volunteers worked hard as a team to make them all.
Here’s what our 39 customers ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 25 portions of marrow and celery soup
- 11 portions of vegetarian pizza with puff pastry base
- 13 portions of Mediterranean couscous with fish
- 14 portions of pasta with tomato sauce and cheese
- 19 portions of toffee sponge pudding
- 7 portions of fruit salad
- 10 portions of homemade rice pudding
- 11 portions of cranberry and apricot flapjack
£74.96 was given in monetary donations and lots of people helped out in the kitchen and with the clearing up.
A huge thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! A few customers said how much they valued the cafe team at lunchtime. However I reminded them that they were just as important, as they create the community in the cafe.
Don’t forget that we have the official launch of our new opening hours and belated 2nd birthday celebration this Friday, 10am till 4pm!