It was a wonderful day in the cafe today. We had 8 volunteers who worked really well as a team. They produced some delicious food for today, as well as helping to prepare for tomorrow’s menu. It’s always a blessing when people are so productive! Here’s what our 50 customers ordered today, to eat in or take away:
- 12 portions of roasted pepper soup
- 25 potions of cheese and kale, or ham and tomato quiche
- 17 portions of egg and/or houmous salad
- 4 portions of fajitas
- 4 portions of sprout, potato, onion and bacon rosti
- 7 portions of apple crumble
- 12 portions of fruit salad
- 12 portions of summer fruits, or summer fruits Eton mess
£74.96 was given in monetary donations and a number of people helped out in the kitchen, garden and cafe area.
A huge thank you to everyone who supported the cafe in whatever way! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Don’t forget this week:
- Thursday, 10am till 4pm – a special Syrian Kitchen (come along and enjoy the amazing food, PAYF)
- Friday, 10am till 4pm – cafe, PAYF
- Friday, 7.30pm till 9.30pm – Rainbow Bistro! (a fine dining experience, PAYF) Book on Facebook or through the cafe