We had a great time in the cafe today. TRJFP Woodhouse cafe team and Jambo joined us for the day. They worked hard to prepare a buffet for an event, and then set to work on preparing food for Unity Day which is taking place in Hyde Park tomorrow. It was great to meet them and hear about their cafe. In addition, it was good to share the amazing resources that we have at All Hallows’ Church, namely a catering kitchen and room to store food.
A tasty menu was created by the kitchen team and here’s what our 40 customers ate in the cafe, or took home for later:
- 21 portions of mushroom and garlic soup
- 16 portions of pasty and salad
- 4 portions of pasta and pesto
- 19 portions of vegetable curry
- 1 portion of vegetable patties
- 16 portions of rocky road
- 12 portions of apple pie
- 5 portions of mincemeat tart
- 4 portions of peach and jam tart
- 1 portion of banana sorbet
£92.75 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. A range of food was intercepted including cakes, vegetables, fruit and bagels.
A massive thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to # feed bellies not bins!