It was a particularly small team in the kitchen this morning, but they still managed to cook up lots of tasty dishes. Here’s what our 35 customers ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 22 portions of swede, apple, yam and ginger soup
- 10 portions of vegetable and bacon rosti
- 15 portions of vegetarian shepherds pie
- 11 portions of spring vegetables in spinach and mascarpone sauce with pasta
- 13 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 7 portions of fruit salad
£92.33 was given in monetary donations and various people helped with the washing up and clearing up. We intercepted lots of lovely loaves from the Leeds Bread Co op and a few other items.
Tamsin from the LS6 timebank was in the cafe. She has just updated her board, so do have a look at the kinds of skills that are being shared at the moment.
Simon is organising a music and cake/ pudding night at The Fenton on Sunday night at 8pm. He is kindly doing it as a fundraiser for the cafe. Why not go along and support the event?
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
We hope you have a good weekend. Please note that the cafe will be CLOSED on Friday 25th March.