We had a wonderful team of volunteers today, including some who we haven’t seen for a while. It’s always good to welcome them back. Between them they cooked up lots of delicious food. Whisking the cream for the banoffee pie was a real team effort, as we had to do it all by hand – so the bowl and whisk were passed around from person to person!
Carley was in the cafe today gathering information for her research into the outcomes of the cafe. A big thank you to everyone who helped her with this by filling in a questionnaire.
We had 69 customers, including a group from the Ladybird Project that we cater for. Here’s what was eaten or taken home for later:
- 16 portions of roasted vegetable soup
- 28 portions of aubergine and lentil moussaka
- 9 portions of pork casserole
- 7 portions of vegetable enchiladas
- 22 portions of vegetable curry
- 3 portions of chicken salad
- 28 portions of banoffee pie
- 13 portions of apple crumble
- 7 portions of fruit salad
- 9 portions of bread and butter pudding with chocolate sauce
- 5 portions of rhubarb pie
There were various food donations including potatoes, kale, biscuits and bread. £108.33 was given in monetary donations and lots of people helped out in the kitchen.
A big thank you, as always, to everyone who contributed today! You helped us to #feedbelliesnotbins!
Don’t forget that we are open on Thursday – 10am till midday for breakfasts.