We intercepted lots of food today including, amongst many other items, 14kg of avocados and over 40 litres of vinegar. Then Leeds Beckett University dropped by this morning to collect some food for their PAYF cafe and open mic event on Tuesday next week.
Kasia had more people at her art workshop today, exploring and creating abstract art. There were some lovely results!
At the end of the day, one of our local Imams came along to the cafe, to share some ideas about working with others in the local community.
The kitchen volunteer team worked hard today. It started small, but then grew in number as the day progressed. Some delicious food was cooked and thoroughly appreciated by our 40 customers. Here’s what was eaten in the cafe or taken home for later:
- 25 portions of roasted vegetable soup
- 14 portions of vegetable enchiladas
- 15 portions of pork and sausage casserole
- 9 portions of vegetable frittata
- 11 portions of chocolate bread and butter pudding
- 13 portions of New York cheesecake
- 3 portions of rhubarb pie
£102.46 was given in monetary donations and various people washed up and cleared up.
A huge thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today, in whatever way! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins…and provide hot, nutritious meals for many who might otherwise have gone without.