Tuesday was a great day in the cafe – lots of food, volunteers and 60 customers. Being half term this included a number of children, who really enjoyed the menu! Here’s what was eaten in the cafe or taken home for later:
- 18 portions of spicy parsnip and butternut squash soup
- 18 portions of broccoli soup
- 5 portions of cheese pizza
- 7 portions of pepperoni pizza
- 5 portions of sausage in a bun with potato wedges
- 14 portions of burger and potato wedges
- 28 portions of enchiladas
- 1 portions of potato wedges
- 2 portions of bean stew
- 8 portions of croissant bread and butter pudding
- 13 portions of chocolate muffin with custard
- 24 portions of banana cake
£131.37 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out with the washing up and clearing up. The intercepted food included croissants, chicken and vegetables.
Kasia ran her art workshop ‘cut and paste’, which was enjoyed by both adults and children. Don’t forget that she’ll be back again on Friday from 11am till 3pm, running a session called ‘go abstract’! It’s all free of charge.
A massive thank you to everyone who supported the cafe yesterday! You helped us #feed bellies not bins!
We are next open tomorrow – Thursday, 10am till midday, serving cooked breakfasts. Then on Friday, 10am till 4pm.