We had a busy day today. Leeds Urban Harvest joined us and made 40 litres of freshly squeezed apple juice. In addition we had a group who joined us for their ‘Christmas Meal’. Finally, in addition to our regular customers, we supplied food for the Ladybird Project in Leeds. It is wonderful to be able to put all the food we recieve to such good use! Plus, we love serving people!
Thankfully our kitchen was well staffed this morning with some brilliant cooks. They made all of the delicious main courses from scratch. We are very blessed to have them and the many others, who give up their time to volunteer in the cafe.
Here’s what was ordered or taken home for later by our 47 customers:
- 20 portions of tomato and basil soup
- 13 portions of stuffed cabbage leaves
- 13 portions of kale and mixed cheese quiche
- 12 portions of shepherds pie
- 11 portions of lentil bake
- 24 portions of mincemeat tart
- 12 portions of chocolate muffin
- 8 portions of King of puddings
- 2 portions of banana sorbet
We were given £105.86 in monetary donations and various people helped out with writing up the menu, logging food, washing up and tidying away.
Thank you so much to everyone who supported us today!!
You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!