- 225g butter
- 225g sugar
- 450g golden syrup
- 450g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 4 tbspn golden syrup
- 30cm x 23cm x 4cm baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/ gas mark 3. Grease the tin and line it with baking paper.
- Place the butter, syrup and sugar into a saucepan and heat until they are all melted. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the milk. Add the flour and milk/egg mixture to the cooled mixture. Beat it until the lumps have gone. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. After a few minutes of cooling, pierce the cake all over with a scewer and spoon the extra golden syrup over the top. Leave to cool in the tin.