36 people joined us in the cafe yesterday. They enjoyed the delights of the menu, plus the added bonus of cupcakes and chocolate biscuits that were donated. We received £46.71, 5 Equadorian centavos and 10 Euro cents in monetary donations. (For future reference, we don’t usually accept foreign currency.) Various people helped out in the cafe – making breadcrumbs, laying tables, washing up, preparing food. Plus there were our regular volunteers who did a fabulous job as always.
Here’s what was served to customers to eat in or take away:
– 16 portions of garlic soup
– 26 portions of chicken stew with dumplings
– 15 portions of bean burgers with potato wedges
– 20 portions of apple charlotte
– 2 portions of banana and chocolate sorbet
Thank you to everyone who supported the cafe yesterday in whatever way!