It was a lovely day in the cafe today! The cafe team consisted of Emma and cafe customers. It was wonderful, as different people set up, cleared up, washed up and put away in both the cafe area and the kitchen. There was a real sense of community as people worked alongside each other. A huge thank you to you all!
Here’s what was ordered to eat in or take home for later:
- 17 portions of carrot and parsnip soup
- 7 portions of meatballs and pasta
- 20 portions of chicken, gravy and vegetables
- 17 portions of cheese and broccoli quiche
- 6 portions of cherry pie
- 5 portions of apple crumble
- 15 portions of Christmas pudding
- 2 portions of clementine sorbet
£66.64 was given in monetary donations and lots of people helped in other ways. A kind family that lives opposite the cafe brought us some delicious treats including chicken, sweet rice and a milky pudding.
Thank you very much to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
The cafe is now CLOSED until TUESDAY 3rd January.
We would like to wish you a happy new year!