Nathan and Jess cooked up some lovely dishes today which were really appreciated by our 68 customers. Here’s what they ordered to eat in or take home for later:
- 28 portions of root vegetable soup
- 31 portions of beef burger with blue cheese and caramelised onions
- 18 portions of vegan lentil curry
- 11 portions of bacon and cheese pizza
- 7 portions of mozeralla, tomato and pesto deep fried sandwiches
- 27 portions of almond and cinnamon roll
- 13 portions of strawberries and meringue
- 8 portions of apricot tart
- 8 portions of various cakes
£130.78 was given in monetary donations and lots of people helped out around the cafe. A range of food was intercepted from individuals and local shops.
It was wonderful to have a number of volunteers from The Prince’s Trust helping out today. They did a great job of taking orders, clearing plates and washing up.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!