There was lots of tasty food in the cafe yesterday. Nathan and the team cooked up a great menu. Here’s what our 56 customers ordered to eat in or take away:
- 31 portions of carrot and coriander soup
- 12 portions of pork pie, egg, ham and cheese ploughmans
- 11 portions of creamy bacon and mushroom pasta topped with cheese
- 14 portions of Mediterranean vegetable pizza
- 18 portions of cottage pie
- 22 portions of strudel filled with quark
- 12 portions of cinnamon roasted pineapple with rice pudding or yoghurt
£83.14 was given in monetary donations and a number of people helped out in the kitchen, cafe and food boutique. Some food was intercepted including 9kg of apples, cereal and lasagna sauce.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe yesterday! You helped us #feed bellies not bins!