It was a great day in the cafe yesterday! Nathan and the team cooked up some delicious dishes. The favourite one was the ‘sloppy joe’ – a brioche roll filled with beef chilli and served with spicy potato wedges. It was perfect comfort food for a cold day.
Here are all the dishes that our 55 customers ordered to eat in or take away:
- 28 portions of pumpkin soup
- 29 portions of Sloppy Joe
- 10 portions of vegan pasta bake
- 10 portions of sausage roll with baked beans and creamed leeks
- 7 portions of ham and mushroom pizza with spicy cheese
- 1 portion of cheese omelette
- 13 portions of apple strudel with poppy seed and coconut sugar custard
- 18 portions of apple crumble with poppy seed and coconut sugar custard
- 9 portions of banoffee pie
£75.19 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the food boutique and kitchen. A range of food was intercepted including pasta sauce and fresh fruit and vegetables.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe yesterday! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!