It was another great day in the cafe today! Our 70 customers loved the tasty menu, cooked up by Nathan and the volunteer team. Here’s what they ordered, to eat in the cafe or take home for later:
- 27 portions of spicy cabbage and potato soup
- 28 portions of beef chilli and rice
- 20 portions of spaghetti bolognaise and pasta
- 5 portions of Greek salad
- 16 portions of vegetable sauce and pasta (8 as outside catering)
- 1 cheese and tomato sandwich
- 21 portions of apple cobbler
- 10 portions of mango, passion fruit and yoghurt compote
- 11 portions of hazelnut tart
£98.50 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in different ways around the cafe. Food was intercepted from 2 food banks and included fruit, vegetables and tinned foods.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us #feed bellies not bins!