Another great day in the cafe today! Nathan and Jess cooked up the delicious menu. Here’s what was ordered by our 41 customers to eat in or take away:
- 21 portions of leek and potato soup
- 8 portions of pasta bake
- 11 portions of chilli, rice and guacamole
- 4 portions of tomato and mozzarella risotto
- 9 portions of chicken tikka masala with rice and bread
- 10 portions of leek, cheese and smoked salmon quiche with salad
- 7 portions of apple crumble
- 16 portions of apple and blackberry pie
- 6 portions of poached nectarines with yoghurt
£76.94 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out with cooking, cleaning, juicing and serving. A range of food was intercepted including the contents of 2 people’s freezers. Thank you so much to those people who contacted us, rather than throwing good food away!
Jenny from Leeds Urban Harvest, spent all morning juicing apples. It’s such a privilege to have freshly squeezed juice in the cafe. A big thank you to Jenny for her time and to everyone who donated apples to juice!
Thank you to everyone else who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
The cafe is open as usual next week, but please note that the bistro is from 6pm till 7.30pm. This is because the amazing O’Hoooley and Tidow will be performing at the gig afterwards. If you would like to attend either the bistro or the gig, please book in advance. Thank you!