It was another busy day in the cafe. A small team of volunteers worked hard in the kitchen this morning, to cook up some tasty dishes! (Anyone who can help out on a Friday morning, please let us know. We could do with a few more pairs of hands.) The food went done well with our 58 customers. Here’s what they ate in the cafe, or took home for later:
- 29 portions of marrow and spice soup
- 39 portions of chicken with pepperoni and paprika
- 17 portions of lentil and bean bake with cheese
- 3 portions of sausage roll and salad
- 31 portions of lemon curdy pudding
- 7 portions of fruit salad
£83.82 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. 13.5kg of marrow was intercepted along with some beautiful bread from the Leeds Bread Coop.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
This week’s opening times are:
- CLOSED on Monday
- OPEN 10am till 4pm on Tuesday
- OPEN 10am till 4pm on Thursday
- OPEN 10am till 4pm on Friday
- OPEN for the Rainbow 🌈 Bistro, Friday, 7.30pm till 9.30pm (book through Facebook or by popping into the cafe)