We had a great volunteer team today. They worked hard in the kitchen to produce some tasty dishes, served the food and tidied up, as well as defrosting a freezer and doing some deep cleaning! A massive thank you to you all!
Here’s what our 60 customers ate in the cafe, or took home for later:
- 19 portions of spiced butternut soup
- 5 portions of tomato soup
- 33 portions of vegetable curry and dahl with rice (8 of which were outside catering)
- 23 portions of Chinese chicken
- 1 portion of cream cheese sandwich
- 17 portions of Scandinavian strawberry pudding
- 15 portions of gluten free chocolate orange brownie
- 8 portions of fruit salad
£102.58, plus 50 cents in Euros, was given in monetary donations. A range of food was intercepted including spinach, apples and a large quantity of tins from a food bank.
Leeds Urban Harvest did a great job, as always. They juiced another 50L of apple juice from the apples that were donated. Thank you very much to Jenny and the team!
…and a big thank you to everyone else who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
We are open:
- Mondays 10am till 4pm
- Tuesdays 10am till 4pm
- Thursdays 10am till 4pm
- Fridays 10am till 4pm
- Rainbow Bistro 🌈, Fridays 7.30pm till 9.30pm (book through Facebook or by dropping into the cafe)