Well, it was a great day of celebration yesterday! We had decorations, live music, cake, a market stall and craft activities. It was wonderful to have 70 people in the cafe to celebrate with us.
Here’s what was ordered to eat in or take home for later:
- 31 portions of mushroom soup
- 28 portions of ratatouille and jacket potato
- 12 portions of meat free haggis balls with tomato sauce and pasta
- 26 portions of vegetable curry and dahl
- 37 portions of apple crumble
- 10 portions of fruit salad
…3 cakes were consumed as well – chocolate cake, honey tea bread (gluten free) and a madeira cake, plus lots of buffet style nibbles.
A range of food was donated during the day, including 10kg of coleslaw, lots of houmous, salad and bread.
A big thank you to everyone who came along to celebrate with us, as a volunteer, customer or passer by! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Dont forget that our opening hours are now:
- Monday 10am till 4pm
- Tuesday 10am till 4pm
- Thursday 10am till 4pm
- Friday 10am till 4pm
- Rainbow 🌈 Bistro – Friday 7.30pm till 9.30pm (book through Facebook, or by dropping into the cafe)