It was a great day in the cafe today. We had some wonderful volunteers, who worked hard to serve our 44 customers, as well as washing up all the plates, cutlery, pots and pans! Plus we had Jambo in the kitchen, who was preparing for a buffet and the bistro this evening.
Here’s what was ordered to eat in the cafe or take home for later:
- 6 portions of root vegetable soup
- 19 portions of broccoli soup
- 19 portions of mushroom risotto
- 19 portions of turkey, roast potatoes and vegetables
- 6 portions of houmous and egg salad
- 20 portions of New York style cheesecake
- 13 portions of meringue with summer fruit and yoghurt
£88.37 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen and garden.
There was lots of artisan bread on offer today in the food boutique, which came from the Leeds Bread Coop. We also had the usual selection of fresh fruit and vegetables. It is really good to see people making use of all of this food which would otherwise have gone in the bin.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Don’t forget that we are now open:
- Friday evening – Rainbow Bistro, 7.30pm till 9.30pm
- Monday 10am till 4pm
- Tuesday 10am till 4pm
- Thursday 10am till 4pm – a special Syrian menu!
- Friday 10am till 4pm