It was a busy day in the cafe, with the cooking for this lunchtime, as well as preparation for a buffet for 100 people.
We had many of our regulars in for a meal, as well as some people who we have not seen for a while. It’s always great to welcome them back. Here’s what was ordered by our 42 customers to eat in the cafe or take home for later:
- 17 portions of vegetable soup
- 14 portions of road in the hole
- 15 portions of meat pie and gravy
- 10 portions of lentil stew
- 8 portions of croissant bread and butter pudding
- 12 portions of banoffee dessert
- 8 portions of fruit salad
£100.21 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen and the garden. Some food was intercepted including 15kg of cheddar cheese and lots of food from Marks and Spencers.
A massive thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Dont forget that the cafe is now open at these times every week:
- Monday 10am till 4pm
- Tuesday 10am till 4pm
- Thursday 10am till 4pm
- Friday 10am till 4pm
- Friday – Rainbow Bistro 7.30pm till 9.30pm