Despite the fact that we didn’t have much food to work with, the kitchen team soon cooked up a tasty menu. It was enhanced by a wonderful donation of courgettes (fresh from someone’s garden), half way through the morning!
Here’s what our 40 customers ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 15 portions of courgette and cumin soup
- 4 portions of pasta and pesto
- 1 portion of fish pie
- 11 portions of cous cous salad
- 10 portions of breaded turkey pieces
- 11 portions of vegetable patties
- 3 portions of breaded vegetable pieces
- 10 portions of fruit crumble
- 1 portion of jam tart
- 5 portions of banana sorbet
- 6 portions of mixed fruit smoothie
£80.21 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. A number of fruit and vegetables were intercepted throughout the day.
Thank you very much to everyone who supported the cafe yesterday! You helped us to # feed bellies not bins!