We had a small, wonderful team in the kitchen this morning. They cooked up some delicious food, as always. Despite the rain, we had 40 customers. Here’s what they ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 18 portions of mixed vegetable soup
- 4 portions of chilli with jacket potato
- 10 portions of Spanish omelette
- 7 portions of roasted leek quiche
- 19 portions of fish pie
- 16 portions of mixed fruit crumble
- 8 portions of jam tart
- 6 portions of loganberries with chocolate ice cream
- 8 portions of fruit smoothie
£50.97 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. A range of food was intercepted including fresh fruit from the church garden, vegetables and custard powder.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today, in whatever way! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!