We had a great team in the kitchen today, who cooked up a very tasty menu. We were also fortunate to have the added bonus of Jambo (an experienced chef who works with TRJFP). He had a crowd of onlookers as we learnt how to make the caramel sauce, which went with his banana bread.
Here’s what our 42 customers ate in the cafe, or took home for later:
- 18 portions of tomato soup
- 21 portions of chicken casserole
- 3 portions of chilli with jacket potato
- 17 portions of vegetable curry with naan bread
- 12 portions of banana bread with caramelised bananas
- 9 portions of pineapple and orange upside down pudding
- 5 portions of fruit salad
- 3 portions of banana sorbet
£76.49 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. A fair amount of food was intercepted today including over 40kg of strawberries, a range of other fruit and vegetables, and lots of bread and bagels. Thankfully we were able to give some strawberries to 2 other cafes in TRJFP network, as well as to customers and volunteers, so none of them went to waste.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us #feed bellies not bins!