The bus strike caused us to be a little short staffed this morning. Despite this, lots of delicious food was still cooked up. Here’s what our 30 customers enjoyed in the cafe, or took home for later:
- 25 portions of spinach and vegetable soup
- 5 portions of falafel or egg salad
- 14 portions of chilli and rice
- 5 portions of pizza
- 6 portions of vegetable stir fry
- 12 portions of croissant bread and butter pudding
- 4 portions of melon
- 6 portions of cinnamon roasted pineapple
£103.62 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. Food was intercepted from a food bank and from some students. It included beans, cooking sauces and spices.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today, be it as a volunteer, customer, by bringing food, by telling someone else about the cafe, or in any other way. You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!