Our kitchen team worked hard this morning to produce some delicious food. The pineapple and orange upside down pudding was particularly good! They then did the fabulous job of manning the cafe whilst Emma was in a meeting. It’s a real blessing to have volunteers who are able to do this!
Here’s what our 33 customers ordered to eat in the cafe or take home for later:
- 15 portions of cucumber, courgette and cumin soup
- 19 portions of meat, lentil and vegetable curry
- 11 portions of bacon and cheese risotto
- 4 portions of lovage pesto and chard with pasta
- 1 portion of omelette
- 10 portions of mixed fruit crumble
- 10 portions of pineapple and orange upside down pudding
£82.35 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. A range of food was intercepted today including fresh fruit, salad, bagels and cooking sauces.
Thank you very much to everyone who supported us today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!