Our small kitchen team worked really hard this morning and produced a great menu. There were lots of compliments from the 40 customers who came into the cafe. Here’s what people ate in, or took home for later:
- 17 portions of celery and vegetable soup
- 9 portions of leek and cauliflower bake
- 15 portions of BBQ chicken drumsticks with cous cous
- 6 portions of potato and broccoli curry
- 5 portions of egg salad
- 4 portions of bean and vegetable stew
- 8 portions of fresh fruit tart
- 13 portions of rhubarb tart
- 6 portions of banana sorbet
- 4 portions of Eton mess
£109.10 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. A range of food was intercepted this morning including cakes and salad.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us #feed bellies, not bins!
We hope you have a good weekend!