It was a great day in the cafe today! Our kitchen team worked really hard to produce an extensive menu. Plus we had the added bonus of the ‘Islamophobia causes and cures’ event taking place in All Hallows’ Church. Lots of people came through to see the cafe and a number of them enjoyed food, drinks and snacks. We had 55 customers in total. Here’s what they ordered to eat in the cafe or take home for later:
- 13 portions of roasted root vegetable soup
- 9 portions of Spanish omelette
- 9 portions of roasted vegetable quiche
- 8 portions of vegetarian lasagna
- 5 portions of macaroni cheese
- 10 portions of Jamaican plantain curry
- 12 portions of pork and apple sandwich
- 10 portions of pancake with toffee sauce
- 7 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 12 portions of fresh fruit salad
- 1 portion of roasted fig
£111.89 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out with the washing up and clearing up. Some food was intercepted including broccoli, salad and biscuits.
A huge thank you to everyone who helped the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
We hope you have a lovely weekend.