We had the privilege of cooking with Nazia today. She made us an excellent potato curry with pilau rice. The rest of the kitchen team cooked up lots of other tasty dishes too! Here’s what our 37 customers ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 7 portions of chicken and butternut squash soup
- 15 portions of mushroom and spinach soup
- 19 portions of potato curry and pilau rice
- 9 portions of vegetables and gravy, with or without chicken and Yorkshire pudding
- 7 portions of taco or wrap with lentils and vegetables
- 8 portions of queen of puddings
- 12 portions of pear or rhubarb crumble
- 7 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 1 portion of banana sorbet
£81.07 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. Lots of food was intercepted – mainly bread.
Thank you very much to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feedbelliesnotbins!
We are open:
- Thursday 10am till midday
- Friday 10am till 4pm
We hope to see you then!