It was a great day in the cafe – lots of tasty dishes prepared by the wonderful kitchen team, good conversations and a number of people who visited the cafe for the first time.
Here’s what our 53 customers (including some outside catering) ate or took home for later:
- 23 portions of minestrone soup
- 11 portions of wild garlic and kale soup
- 20 portions of mixed bean lasagna
- 22 portions of vegetable and cheese crumble
- 7 portions of feta cheese salad
- 14 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 12 portions of pancakes with yoghurt and fruit compote
- 11 portions of assorted cakes
£83.09 was given in monetary donations and various food items were intercepted. These included biscuits, bread and tins of food. A few people paid for their meal by helping to wash up and clear up, whilst one person cleared the rubbish from the area outside the church.
A massive thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Don’t forget that we are open:
- Thursdays 10am till midday for cooked breakfasts
- Fridays 10am till 4pm