We had lots of dishes on the menu today, created by our wonderful kitchen team. A great addition was lots of wild garlic leaves that were foraged by 2 of our regular customers. Often we forget that there is ‘free’ food in our natural environment, as well as the ‘free’ food that is destined for the bin.
We had 50 customers (including outside catering). Here’s what they ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 18 portions of country vegetable soup
- 7 portions of vegetable frittata
- 15 portions of gluten free vegetarian lasagna
- 8 portions of mixed vegetable curry
- 6 portions of sweet and sour vegetables
- 14 portions of meat and bean fahita wraps
- 10 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 18 portions of a trifle different
- 8 portions of chocolate panettone
- 4 portions of apple pie
- 2 portions of banana sorbet
Our volunteers were great. They did a few extra jobs, such as tidying crockery, as well as all the usual tasks. One of them went to a gym class inbetween doing 2 shifts in the cafe today – now that’s dedication.
£125.23 and 1 US Dollar, were given in monetary donations. A number of customers helped out with food preparation, and the piles of washing up. Various food items were intercepted including pizza bases and beans.
A massive thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us #feed bellies not bins!
Don’t forget that the cafe is open:
- Thursday, 10am till midday, for cooked breakfast
- Friday 10am till 4pm