We had a fabulous team of volunteers today, who managed to create some very tasty dishes with all of the eggs (about 50!) that we had. They also managed to give our tall fridge a thorough clean – a great job! Thank you so much!
Here’s what our 45 customers (including some outside catering), ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 26 portions of mushroom and cabbage soup
- 3 portions of chunky root vegetable soup
- 21 portions of roasted vegetable quiche
- 12 portions of vegetable frittata
- 8 portions of pasta with tomato sauce
- 17 portions of rhubarb and cinnamon tart
- 9 portions of cheesecake
- 8 portions of mince pies
- 4 portions of Eton mess
- 3 portions of yoghurt, fruit and biscuit surprise
- 1 portion of profiteroles
- 1 portion of banana sorbet
£71.68 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Don’t forget, we are open on Thursday from 10am till midday, serving cooked breakfasts. Then, we open as usual on Friday, 10am till 4pm.