It was a great day in the cafe today, with lots of wonderful volunteers! Two of them are asylum seekers, who really valued the opportunity to work, as well as improve their English. The food that we intercepted produced a tasty menu which our 45 customers really enjoyed. Here’s what they ate in the cafe, or took home to eat later:
- 25 portions of carrot and parsnip soup
- 6 portions of vegetarian cottage pie
- 20 portions of pulled pork sandwiches
- 18 portions of Yorkshire pudding with onion gravy and roasted vegetables
- 11 portions of banana sorbet with fresh strawberries
- 7 portions of fresh strawberries
- 1 portion of pomegranate
- 4 portions of rhubarb pie
- 6 portions of fruit pie
- 12 portions of apple pie
(We hope you saw our youngest customer tucking into the soup! If not, take a look at our Facebook page.)
Intercepted food included various cakes, lots of vegetables and lots of fruit, including rhubarb!
£102.58 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen.
A massive thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to feed bellies, not bins!
We hope you have a good weekend.