It was a fairly quiet day in the cafe today, both in terms of customers and volunteers. Despite this, lots of ‘waste’ food was put to good use, either by being cooked, or by being given away on a ‘pay as you feel’ basis. It is always really satisfying to see this happen!
Our 34 customers enjoyed the following dishes, in the cafe, or as a take out:
- 8 portions of swede, apple and ginger soup
- 21 portions of chicken and butternut squash soup
- 21 portions of roasted leek and pepper quiche
- 11 portions of vegetable bake with tomato sauce
- 10 portions of plum crumble
- 8 portions of fresh fruit kebabs
- 9 portions of cinnamon roasted pineapple with Greek yoghurt
£95.37 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. Lots of food was intercepted from a local charity, including soup, salad and croissants.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
We hope you have a good weekend! The cafe is open again on Tuesday, as usual, 10am till 4pm.