It was a small team in the kitchen today, but lots of tasty dishes were still cooked up. Here’s what our 44 customers (including outside catering), ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 26 portions of swede, apple and ginger soup
- 30 portions of chicken in a creamy white sauce with jacket potato
- 18 portions of fresh pasta with tomato and pepper sauce
- 14 portions of jammy doughnut pudding
- 18 portions of plum crumble
- 9 portions of fruit salad
£69.49 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. Lots of food was intercepted today from 3 different locations. It included some delicious fresh fruit, vegetables and a few cakes.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins.
Don’t forget that the cafe is open on Thursday – 10am till midday. This will include the LS6 Time bank and Leeds Housing Concern ‘drop in’. However, you can just come along and enjoy a cooked breakfast!