We had a great team in the kitchen this morning who cooked up a tasty menu! The banoffee style pudding was made by one of our customers, who was inspired by the large pile of bananas that we had. Our 63 customers (including outside catering for 8), loved the food. Here’s what they ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 8 portions of swede, apple and ginger soup
- 24 portions of roasted onion soup
- 4 portions of vegetarian cottage pie
- 1 portion of vegetarian lasagna
- 14 portions of frittata
- 25 portions of chicken and sausage casserole
- 24 portions of broccoli and mixed cheese sauce
- 16 portions of rice pudding
- 8 portions of fruit salad
- 24 portions of banoffee style pudding
These customers included a group of 10 people who came for a business lunch, in a private room. It is wonderful when people use the cafe in this way.
£141.14 was given in monetary donations and a number of people paid by donating their time. We intercepted a range of food including fruit, eggs, vegetables and candy sticks.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today, including the fabulous customers who helped out with the massive pile of washing up!
You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Dont forget: Thursday 10am till midday (cooked breakfast and the ‘Leeds Housing Concern’ drop in)
Friday 25th March – we are CLOSED for Easter