One of our customers was at the cafe bright and early today to work on the garden. He loves having a project to work on. It is wonderful that people can use their skills to ‘pay’ for their meals!
Our 55 customers (including the outside catering), enjoyed the delicious food that the kitchen team prepared. Here’s what was eaten or taken home for later:
- 2 portions of mixed vegetable soup
- 7 portions of arancini balls
- 21 portions if broccoli and cauliflower soup
- 18 portions of peri peri chicken with vegetable rice
- 21 portions of lentil and cheese wraps with salad
- 16 portions of vegetarian lasagna
- 20 portions of panettone pudding
- 15 portions of pear crumble
- 6 portions of cinnamon roasted pineapple
£124.60 was given in monetary donations and various people helped with the washing up, tidying up and gardening. Lots of the food was intercepted yesterday, including rice pudding, eggs, salad and milk.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Don’t forget that this Thursday 17th March, there is a Leeds Housing Concern ‘drop in’ between 10am and midday, at the cafe. Mia will be very happy to offer help with any challenges that you may be facing.