We had a fabulous team in the kitchen today, including some people that we haven’t seen for quite some time. It was lovely to welcome them back! Here’s what they prepared and served to our 43 customers. Most of the dishes were eaten in the cafe, but a few were taken home to enjoy later:
- 12 portions of leek and potato soup
- 16 portions of swede, apple, parsnip and ginger soup
- 2 portions of ham tortellini
- 7 portions of beetroot and goats cheese pasta
- 12 portions of cheese, tuna or egg salad
- 22 portions of bacon, sprout and potato rosti
- 16 portions of banoffee pie
- 8 portions of mincemeat tart
- 8 portions of bread and butter pudding
£87.16 was given in monetary donations and a few people helped out with the clearing up. Quite a lot of food was intercepted, including cornflakes, peanut butter and croissants.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today, particularly if you ventured out in the rain to get to us! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
Don’t forget about the Bassonery concert tomorrow 7.30pm, at All Hallows’, to raise money for Wheatfields Hospice. If you would like to have a pre-gig meal from 5.30pm, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great weekend!