Yesterday our fabulous volunteer team produced lots of tasty meals, despite the fact that we didn’t appear to have lots of ingredients at the start. Our 50 customers loved the food, particularly the BBQ chicken drumsticks, which sold out in no time. Here’s what people ate in the cafe, or took home for later:
- 25 portions of potato and leek soup
- 15 portions of cheesy mushroom and pasta bake
- 17 portions of BBQ chicken drumsticks
- 12 portions of bean and broccoli stew
- 8 portions of Mediterranean quiche
- 15 portions of New York cheesecake
- 13 portions of plum crumble
- 12 portions of apple pie
- 1 portion of hot cross bun pudding
£123.85 was given in monetary donations, various people helped out in the kitchen and one person is going to work in the garden next week.
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to the cafe yesterday! We couldn’t do what we do without you. Thank you for helping us #feed bellies not bins!
Don’t forget that we are open tomorrow – Thursday 3rd March, 10am till midday for cooked breakfasts. We hope to see you then!