We had a great team volunteering in the kitchen today. They cooked up some fabulous dishes that were thoroughly enjoyed by our 44 customers. Here’s what people ate in the cafe, or took home for later:
- 19 portions of broccoli soup
- 11 portions of cheese risotto
- 14 portions of pork and stuffing sandwiches
- 18 portions of chicken and vegetable stir fry
- 1 cheese and tomato pasty
- 10 portions of croissant bread and butter pudding
- 26 portions of sticky toffee pudding
- 2 portions of banana and chocolate sorbet
£94.64 was given in monetary donations and various people washed up and tidied things away. One of the people who ‘paid’ for his meal by washing up said how wonderful it was that he wasn’t just left at the sink on his own, but was included and chatted to, as part of a team. It allowed him to enjoy the experience and get to know other people. Lots of food was donated including sandwiches, flour, vegetables and meat.
It was lovely to have a number of children in the cafe today, as a local school had a training day. We also had a few new faces, one of whom is sleeping rough at the moment. He insisted on working extremely hard in the kitchen, to pay for his meal.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins.
Have a great weekend!