Due to the strong winds, we decided not to put the banner out first thing this morning. When the sun came out at about midday our 59 customers started to make their way to the cafe. Here are the tasty dishes that they enjoyed, or took home for later:
- 18 portions of minestrone soup
- 19 portions of potato curry
- 13 portions of chicken Thai red curry
- 23 portions of cheesy leek bake with crispy topping
- 4 portions of egg and houmous salad
- 16 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 25 portions of lime and coconut cheesecake
- 8 portions of grapes and lychees
£110.94 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. A huge thank you to you all! Lots of food was donated today including soup, cabbages, bread and fruit.
A couple of asylum seekers joined us in the cafe today and were incredibly generous with their time. They worked hard in the kitchen and helped with serving meals. It was a huge blessing as a couple of our usual volunteers weren’t able to come in. Thank you so much!
Finally a massive thank you to everyone else who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!
On Tuesday Nazia is going to treat us to a byriani – don’t miss out on that. Then on Thursdays we are now open from 10am till midday for cooked breakfasts.
Have a great weekend!