We had a great team in the kitchen today, including some fairly new volunteers. It was lovely to see the teamwork and banter that was shared as they worked. Together, they produced some delicious dishes! The deep fried Camembert with truffle was particularly popular. Here’s what our 30 customers ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 15 portions of parsnip and vegetable soup
- 10 portions of deep fried Camembert with truffle
- 8 portions of houmous and salad
- 12 portions of bean, sausage and bacon hotpot
- 8 portions of cheesy leek and parsnip bake
- 1 portion of cheese pizza
- 5 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 9 portions of mixed fruit crumble
- 7 portions of egg custard with biscuit base
Lots of food was intercepted including bananas, coffee, bagels and salad. £81.06 was recieved in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen.
A big thank you to everyone who supported us today!
Have a great weekend and we hope you will be able to join us when we open again on Tuesday 10am till 4pm.
#feed bellies, not bins!