On this cold winter day, our 45 customers really appreciated the hot drinks and food that we had on offer. Here’s what they enjoyed eating, either in the cafe or as a take out:
- 33 portions of root vegetable soup
- 10 portions of dahl
- 16 portions of vegetarian lasagne
- 16 portions of chicken nuggets and potato wedges
- 7 portions of goats cheese and beetroot pasta with tomato sauce
- 13 portions of carrot cake
- 14 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 4 portions of ice cream
- 17 portions of watermelon and banana smoothie
One group of customers came to the cafe and had a business meeting, as they ate. It was great to be able to offer them a space in which to do this.
We recieved lots of donated food today. It included parsnips, bread, pasta, sandwiches, chocolate and bananas. £95.23 was given in monetary donations and several people helped out in the kitchen.
We were joined by two new volunteers, who did a wonderful job! And of course all of our other volunteers worked incredibly hard, as always. In fact, they were so organised, we ended up going home a little earlier than usual. Quite an achievement!
A huge thank you to everyone who helped us to achieve so much, with unwanted food that would otherwise have been destined for the bin! You help us to #feed bellies, not bins!