Well today was a very busy, but wonderful day! We had the treat of Nazia and Razia cooking a curry, dahl and chappatis. A huge thank you to you both for all your hard work. We sold out of curry and most of the dahl as well.
A couple of new people helped out in the kitchen which was a big help! It meant that we didn’t end up with a massive pile of washing up at the end of the day. The rest of the kitchen team worked very hard as well, not only producing good food, but also clearing up quickly and efficiently. It was great to see the teamwork amongst the volunteers!
Here’s what our 40 customer enjoyed in the cafe or took home for later:
- 12 portions of parsnip and vegetable soup
- 15 portions of vegetable soup
- 29 portions of curry
- 6 portions of goats cheese and beetroot pasta with tomato sauce
- 2 portions of ratatouille
- 10 portions of chocolate torte
- 11 portions of apple and pear cobbler
- 7 portions of banoffee pie
We were given £86.88 in monetary donations and various people helped out with different jobs.
Thank you so much to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!