There was a lovely relaxed atmosphere in the cafe today. This was perfect, as 12 of our customers were children. They had great fun playing together, as well as helping by serving food and taking orders. In fact, some of them didn’t want to leave.
The volunteers in the kitchen were very accommodating and still managed to cook up some very tasty dishes. Here’s what our 30 customers ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 14 portions of roasted vegetable and barley soup
- 1 portion of pea and spinach soup
- 15 portions of chicken and leek pie
- 6 portions of vegetable frittata
- 6 portions of chicken salad
- 1 portion of bubble and squeak
- 18 portions of apple pie
- 11 portions of Christmas pudding
- 1 portion of banana sorbet
£41.67 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out, writing up the menu, cooking, serving, washing up and clearing up. Lots of food was donated including bread, fruit and vegetables.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the cafe today!! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins.
We are CLOSED on Friday 1st January. So, TRJFP @ All Hallows’ Cafe would like to wish you a Happy New Year!
The cafe reopens on Tuesday 4th January. We hope to see you then!