We had a fabulous team in the kitchen this morning who cooked up the delicious menu. It is always a pleasure to watch people being creative with food that would otherwise have gone in the bin!
Here’s what our 48 customers enjoyed eating in the cafe, or took home for later:
- 5 portions of roasted vegetable soup
- 24 portions of roasted cauliflower soup
- 22 portions of potato, lentil and coconut milk curry
- 24 portions of chicken with spicy potato wedges
- 2 portions of vegetable frittata
- 12 portions of pancake with mince pie ice cream
- 8 portions of cinnamon roasted pineapple with Greek yoghurt
- 10 potions of apple and cinnamon muffins
- 5 portions of mince pie ice cream
£55.72 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out in the kitchen. We recieved some food donations as well including sugar, sandwiches and custard powder.
Thank you very much to everyone who supported the cafe today! We are open again as usual on Friday, 10am to 4pm. We hope you can join us then!