We had some unusual ingredients such as yams and persimmon fruit, but our 38 customers really enjoyed eating them! Our wonderful kitchen team cooked up some fabulous dishes, as well as some cakes for an event on Friday. Here’s the menu that they produced and how much of each was eaten in the cafe, or taken home for later:
- 18 portions of tomato and basil soup
- 12 portions of broccoli soup
- 15 portions of parsnip, bacon and cheese pasta
- 24 portions of vegetable stew with yam and parsnip mash
- 19 portions of apple flapjack
- 8 portions of persimmon biscuit crumble
£41.97 was given in monetary donations and a few people helped out with writing up the menu, clearing up and washing up.
Thank you so much to everyone who supported the cafe today! You help us to #feed bellies not bins!