It was a great day in the cafe today. The kitchen team cooked up lots of delicious dishes. One customer said that the carrot and coriander soup was the best that she had ever tasted! Plus there were lots of compliments about the vegetarian moussaka and all 3 puddings. 39 customers joined us and here’s what they ate in or took home for later:
- 5 portions of parsnip and apple soup
- 21 portions of carrot and coriander soup
- 5 portions of plantain curry
- 19 portions of chicken bacon and cheese pasta bake
- 12 portions of vegetarian moussaka
- 7 portions of croissant and chocolate bread and butter pudding
- 8 portions of carrot cake
- 14 portions of apple crumble
- 9 portions of banana smoothie
Various people helped out by writing up the menu, washing up, taking orders and clearing up. £59.01 were given in monetary donations. Lots of food donations were received as well, including apples, bread, chocolates, aubergines and salad.
Many thanks to everyone who supported the cafe today! You helped us to #feed bellies not bins!